In an effort to support BR/DH participants' interest in continuing their volunteer involvement in Armenia and to help them fulfill their continuing involvement proposals, we have created a special fund that will assist volunteers financially to make it a reality. Alumni Funds will be available to all alumni in good standing with the organization and will be awarded on a competitive basis for proposals that best meet the criteria below.
There are a few important criteria for alumni to meet in order to be eligible for Alumni Fund support:
1) All proposals for continued involvement in Armenia should be capped at $2,500 per project.
2) Group projects involving 2-3 alumni are acceptable, and even encouraged.
3) Alumni need to submit a concept paper/proposal, 3-5 pages maximum in length, which addresses a priority need in Armenia. The proposal should include the following components: a) project description, b) need statement, c) description of project activities and how it meets the identified need(s), d) objectives of the project that can be measured both quantitatively and qualitatively, and e) one page budget that clearly shows how the funds will be spent.
4) Proposals should be for projects that will take place in Armenia and take no less than 3 months or no more than 6 months to complete. Funding will not be made available beyond the 6 month maximum.
5) All project proposals should include Armenian counterpart(s), individuals or organizations, in its implementation.
6) stipends of 72,000 AMD/month may be available and should be included as part of the proposal, as long as volunteers agree to a home stay living arrangement.
7) The only travel funds that will be allowed into the project budget will be internal transportation costs within Armenia (i.e. region to region), or transportation costs of materials being sent to Armenia. International travel to and from Armenia will not be considered for funding.
Alumni Fund proposals should be submitted to email@example.com. and will be reviewed for consideration on August 1, November 1, February 1, and May 1. Decisions will be rendered within 4-6 weeks. The Alumni Committee will be the primary reviewer and will be making recommendations to the Birthright Armenia Board of Directors.